The reason for the "mem=nopentium" in the lilo is that when the kernal was developed
there are memory commands/coding that refer to pentium only commands. If you are
running a Athlon/duron which do not have these commands they cause flaky/erratic
behaviour.
Roly

--
"The directions said to install Windows 98/2000 or better!
             So I installed Linux!"

        Linux Counter: 241069