On Tuesday 24 September 2002 12:19 pm, Ralph Slooten wrote:
> Yeah, I have just downloaded the 2/3 isos, but I have bad news for those
> using an old CD writer like me (HP 8100i): The isos are too big for the
> writers. I have used 700MB CD's, but have never been able to burn over the
> 690MB's. The first 2 images contain data that is around the 693 and 699
> MB's.
>
> I have mounted the 2 images, and see quite a few things I would never use.
> I only need to free up a few MB's per CD.
>
> How could I go about properly deleting these to bring down the ISO-sizes to
> burnable sizes? Mount the ISO, copy the files to a temp directory, delete
> the couple of files, then remake an ISO. But, how would I successfully go
> about making a bootable CD?
>
> Does anyone have any experience with re-creating Distro-CD's?
>
> I'm sure I won't be the only one with this problem, so any knowledgeable
> advice would be great :-)
>
> Greetings
> Ralph
I can not access any servers in England and all the other mirrors are still
showing the 9/18 rc3 versions on them so it looks like someone is spoofing or
English mirrors have an exclusive the URL given earlier is not accessable any
more, at least by my machine.  We will have to wait another day or two?
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842