Well, I think this is the real thing...

I grabbed the first ISO tonight.. (via adsl) and just finished burning it...

I haven't installed it yet, but I booted one system with the CD. to see what
the install screens had to say..

The date on the install screen was Sept 22. (if I remember correctly) and it
made no reference to beta or release candidate... (I have a beta 4 machine
here that mentions beta in the install screen.. but I don't know if the
RC1,RC2,RC3 disks did the same.)

This new one just says Mandrake 9.1 inst 1.

So it seems that its the real thing...

I'll grab the other CD's tonight (free bandwidth at night.)

Then I will try and install the lot....

If it really is the real thing, I think I know why they do it. (I mean call
it RC3 instead of the real thing.)
I imagine they would do it in the hope that people don't catch on and the
mirrors all get a copy of everything without all the bandwidth chewing of
10,000 users downloading at the same time.  Then when its all syncronised,
they can simply rename the files and its all go...  I am hoping that I can
the other 2 CD's before it goes mainstream.

rgds

Frank