On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Damian G wrote:

> i think you can do it by keeping the bootable iso, and when
> using mkisofs to make the new, smaller one, you can
> tell it to copy boot sectors from the original image.
>
> this is just the theory, read man mkisofs, you'll find
> it quick ( commands are listed alphabetically, it's under "b"
> for 'boot' ).

Ok, this seems good news. But the thing is this. I have looked at the man
page already, but I don't understand much of it :-( There are some *.img
files in the "images" directory, but I presume these are for floppies. Then
there are some files in "isolinux", but how and what I would not know.
The man page presumes that a person using mkisofs actually understands the
components of build-up of a CD; I don't ;-)

I was actually hoping that someone with experience or knowledge would
explain what to do, which file to use, and what mkisofs command to use ;-)

I suppose this is one of those things that once you have done one, you
never forget, but unfortunately I have never come remotely close to this
:-)

Thanks anyway.

Greetings
Ralph