On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 15:11, Technoslick wrote:

> I tried the PCLinux On-line link (even logged in as a member) and it came back with
>an error message that stated that the download area doesn't work. Can you tell me
>where else you found "the real things" at?

> I have looked around some mirror sites (U.S. only) and found all references to the
>current beta distribution. I ralize that even the new release will have 'concerns',
>so I am only being anal by saying that I want the full release.
>
> Has anyone else jumped on this news and/or has any recommendations or comments on
>this?

The clue is the date of the .iso files. If the date is 23 September,
it's the 9.0 release (despite the filename); if it's 17 September, it's
RC3.

Looking at CD 1, there's a file VERSION which contains

Mandrake Linux 9.0 Dolphin-i586 20020923 15:18

Also, the burned CD 1 is named Mandrake9.0-inst-1 on my desktop.

If it looks like a dolphin, and reads like a dolphin ... it's a dolphin!

Alastair