On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:44:40 -0500 Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I ordered the 9.0 Power Pack the other night, when it comes in what is the
> best way to upgrade?  Install over the old 8.2 or backup my /home partition,
> clean off the drive, install 9.0 and then restore my home partiton.  Also,
> does anyone know if 9.0 supports the HP Scanjet 4400c or will I still have to
> keep my windows drive active for scanning.

Wipe completely then reinstall - backward compatibility of configurations is
not a strong point when people upgrade their packages, and I had a number of
glitches when I didn't wipe (particularly with Mozilla).

On the scanner, it appears not, unless the 4100 beta sane driver happens to
work with the 4400:

http://www.mostang.com/sane/

Alastair