Chris wrote:

>I ordered the 9.0 Power Pack the other night, when it comes in what is the
>best way to upgrade?  Install over the old 8.2 or backup my /home partition,
>clean off the drive, install 9.0 and then restore my home partiton.

On my office box I did a clean sweep because I wanted to change the
filesystem, but if you've got /home on a separate partition, you may as
well keep it - even if you do an install rather than an upgrade, you
should find the settings in /home work OK once it's been upgraded (I
leapfrogged from 8.1 to 9.0 on this box, and the only things I had to
alter were some of the icons, which pointed to the wrong places for
Mozilla and OpenOffice).

> Also,
>does anyone know if 9.0 supports the HP Scanjet 4400c or will I still have to
>keep my windows drive active for scanning.

Dunno - check the HP website. Linux support for scanning is much better
these days.

Sir Robin