Well still working with printtool here :-(

A  reboot got my lp0 detected finally this time. Dont know why it didn't
before.
So a "Print ASCII directly to port" gets the test line ok the first try
Second try it gets cockeyed though still prints
"Print ASCII test page" gets files qued but no printing

lprm job # and checking the lp directory shows files purged
'lpq' gets "lp is down:lp is ready & printing  no entries" HuH?
Well I still do not have a working printer!

I will stop there for the time being to see if this rings a bell for
anyone.?!

Are the printing protocols that much different this time around or am I
just having a-bad-printer-configuration-couple-of-days?

William Bouterse
Sun 1900hrs Juneau, Alaska