On Sunday 06 October 2002 11:08 am, you wrote:
> I'm not familiar with Komba, but I do set up Samba networks.  In Komba
> there's probably a place to send your username and password.  Make sure
> that is correct.
>
> In your Samba Configuration, I believe you need to tell it to send
> encrypted passwords.  If memory serves me correctly GNU/Linux won't connect
> to Windows unless you do this.
If I remeber corectly this is one of those win problems within a mixed win
network, since by default win95 does not encrypt passwords and win nt does.
it really winds up being you have no make sure all the boxes do the same
thing, and seems to me, with is better than without.

> You might try mounting some Windows shares by hand to make sure you can
> indeed see the Windows box and that Samba is set up correctly.  Then once
> you know it is definitely working, play with any specifics of Komba.
> Following is a command to mount a Windows share:
>
> mount -t smbfs -o username=USERNAME //WINDOWS-IP-ADDRESS/SHARE-NAME
> /mnt/LINUX-MOUNT-POINT
(the CAPS to be replaced with you correct information, in a case sensitve
format, so to mount MY windows box with the IP 192.168.1.16, and my c:\share
folder shared with the name of "Share" (as setup on that computer allowing
"file and print sharing on MS network, and having tcp/ip and the "permentant
IP set in network properties...etc......) I type on one livne without the
quotes "mount -t smbfs -o username=et //192.168.0.16/Share
> /mnt/Share" and hit enter. I can then browse on over to /mnt/Share and see
them files