What bug? Theres nothing wrong with KDE networking.

That 'Localhost not found' was because you clicked on
Network>local Network in konqueror which is used for browsing Samba networks.
If you have not set up Samba and an application called LISa thats what will
happen.

There are 2 ways to share files in Linux, NFS and Samba
NFS is Linux only, is easy to set up, but is less secure and requires you to
have exactly the same user accounts and UID numbers on both computers. Once
set up you can mount folders using kwikdisk, and can browse the network using
any file manager Konqueror/Nautilus etc.
Refer to the docs section at www.mandrakeuser.org for details of how to set
it up. Mandrake Control Centre>Mount Points now has a GUI to set up NFS but
until you read about it you will not understand how to use the GUI.

The second way is Samba  Samba allows you to share files between Linux to
Linux, and Linux to Windows. Refer to mandrakeuser for setting it up. (Webmin
is a good tool)
Once set up you can browse Samba networks with applications like Komba2 for
KDE or Gnomba for Gnome to mount folders which can then be browsed with a
file manager.

There is a lot of references on Mandrakeuser and in the archives of this list
about setting up Samba and NFS.

HTH

derek