El lun, 07-10-2002 a las 11:43, Julie escribió:
> I recently recieved a free 133mhz machine for free from a friend and I
> decided to install the Mandrake 8.0 I had bought some time ago.
> Unfortunately I didn't check out the system fully before trying to install,
> and after I finished and rebooted, it loaded and the log in screen came up
> completely stuffed. I could barely see a portion of the screen and couldn't
> click on anything so was unable to log in. It looked fine during setup, but
> looked as if it were only in 16 colors. I've tried reinstalling three times
> with the same result. Can I possibly boot up from the floppy somehow and
> format the drive so I can load Windoze on temporarily just to make sure
> there are no hardware problems? I've tried booting from a Windoze98 startup
> disk but it's a no go.

Aside from whatever problems your Mandrake installation might have, it
sounds like the Windows startup disk you used is damaged. Assuming the
BIOS is set to boot from the floppy, a Windows startup disk should boot
any PC into DOS, regardless of what is on the hard disk. Try a different
startup disk, or download a DOS boot disk from the net (there are
several, try Google). Or perhaps the floppy drive is dirty or dead.

The Mandrake symptoms you describe may be a configuration problem: wrong
video adapter selected, wrong version of XFree86, etc. Give the list
some details about your video hardware and configuration.
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras