I recently recieved a free 133mhz machine for free from a friend and I
decided to install the Mandrake 8.0 I had bought some time ago.
Unfortunately I didn't check out the system fully before trying to install,
and after I finished and rebooted, it loaded and the log in screen came up
completely stuffed. I could barely see a portion of the screen and couldn't
click on anything so was unable to log in. It looked fine during setup, but
looked as if it were only in 16 colors. I've tried reinstalling three times
with the same result. Can I possibly boot up from the floppy somehow and
format the drive so I can load Windoze on temporarily just to make sure
there are no hardware problems? I've tried booting from a Windoze98 startup
disk but it's a no go.

Thanks in advance,
Julie