Exactly!

At the very least they could redo the ISO's on-line. If you are going to
  the small effort to do so, it probably would be best to leave the the
smaller-sized ISO set as an 'additional' choice instead of replacing the
ones that they have already done the work in creating. With future
releases, it would make sense to have only the smaller-sized ones available.

Creating a new Powerpack or ProSuite creates additional costs that may
be beyond their budget this time around. I could accept this, knowing
that they will change this in the future. A judicial word or two on the
'problem' within the marketing end of the Mandrake Web site would handle
the current 'problem' for now, with a promise to make future editions in
the smaller size for as long as the need seems to be there. It becomes
our responsibility then, as Mandrake's most loyal and dedicated group of
users, to inform them of when the 650 MB limit has gone the way of the Dodo.

I see this is a lack of awareness on Mandrake's part, not their failure
to so something right. Unless someone(s) make it known to them that
there are quite a few users out there that cannot use the first CDs or
ISO's because of their size, nothing will be done about it. I would be
more than happy to write that requesting email or letter, if I thought
that only my voice was enough incentive for them to make the change(s)
necessary. It seems unlikely that my is enough, all by itself.

What do you think, Ed?