On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 16:28, Brandon wrote:
> Yes !!!!! I got my sound working! thanks you guys for helping, but i
> just have one problem, i cant play mp3s with XMMS, what can be causing
> this? When i try to play the files, nothing happens.

Teach a man to fish...

When you are having problems with an application:

1)      launch app from command line    $  xmms file.mp3
2)      enter error message into a google groups search
3)      discover answer

this is how I found the answer.  you need to remove xmms-alsa and all
should be just fine.

--
jason
gmaestro.org