On Tuesday 15 October 2002 19:51, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 Oct 2002 5:51 pm, you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 15 October 2002 12:19 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > A few months back with Mandrake being in financial hard times, there
> > > was an offer of pre-buying 9.0 and 9.1 together with 8.2.
> > >
> > > Wanting to help I did so, but................now 9.0 is coming and out
> > > it's deafeningly quiet!:o(
> > > I don't mind buying 9.0 "again", it's all in a good cause, but I would
> > > like to know what's up!
> > >
> > > Anyone got the same feeling, or am I the only one?
> > >

> > > Harm
> >
> > Harm:
> > IIRC, it takes about four weeks after the release of a new version before
> > the packaged sets get out into the world. I've lost track of the release
> > date, but those boxes should be shipping soon -- next week?
> > -- cmg
>
> I've pre-ordered, and I understood that they would not be out until the end
> of October.

I've thought and supposed on the same lines and fact is that I feel it's
inapropiate to be kept totally in the the dark, this way.

The boxed version dropping on my doormat tomorrow wouldn't change that
feeling.
Fact is I don't even know what I bought (boxed download version or power pack
or whatever) at the time.
I just wanted to contribute. I don't want a pat on the back but I don't want
to feel forgotten either.

At least now I know I'm not the only one in the dark:o)

I hope somebody at Mandrake takes the hint and realizes one sometimes has to
throw a bone into the pack to keep it happy and make it feel useful.

Harm.