On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:48:46 +0200
Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Thanks Todd, I was already using None (local).  Have tried
> >tarazed.demon.co.uk
> >and 194.222.69.51 in the server field and sylpheed tries to send;
> >"sending from tarazed..." but always comes back with an error.  There
>
> Hi,
>
> I have used Demon here in Holland before I switched to cable.
>
> In the Sylpheed entry for sending, I had smtp.demon.nl. I guess yours should
> look like smtp.demon.co.uk. (But you can check that at their site, I am
> sure.)
>
> Login name would be the account that you have with them (tarazed) and your
> POP3 password (in Holland, the POP3 password can be different from the ISP
> general login). But that is for checking mail, which you seem to have
> running through Postfix already.
>
> For further information, you can look at the documentation project for
> Sylpheed at http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/ where we keep working at the
> manual and FAQ.
Thanks for that link.  Will check it later.

It looks like the SMTP business is a red herring.  My connection is already
made, and authenticated via POP3 by the time it comes to sending mail.  Don't
actually know what is doing the sending but I guess it has to be using SMTP.
No clues from the gtop display.

Cheers
--
Len Lawrence