On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 06:44, Len Lawrence wrote:
> On 25 Oct 2002 10:22:17 -0500
> Erik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 05:08, Len Lawrence wrote:

> Yes.  tarazed is my POP3 account name at Demon and somewhere I have specified
> the Demon gateway address for pppd.  All kppp needs is the telephone number.
> It echoes an address something like gyle-du.95.access.demon.net when it connects.
> I have never needed to know the address of the SMTP server.  That is all I know
> about how my machine connects to the Internet.
>
> You were suggesting that Sylpheed can be set up to run pppd and dial out and
> fetch mail?  In other words it could replace postfix and kppp entirely?
> Excuse me if I seem dense, but that's the truth.
>
> Thanks again for your suggestion.
> --
> Len Lawrence

Sorry for the misunderstanding:  my suggestions was that you are already
connected to the internet...you simply set up the smtp field as I
indicated, and the mail would then send directly through your ISP's smtp
server....(the reverse of pop3 reception)...no need to add the postfix
step.

--
Erik

Linux User 288105