From: "Stephen Kuhn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] OT: Root Password Failure

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 04:32, Technoslick wrote:
> I cannot log in as root on my new installation of RH 8.0! I am sure that
it
> was caused by my fat fingered typing during installation. Is there a way
> recover or change an erroneous password for root? Or am I going to have to
> reinstall again? From scratch, or will an update work?
>
> Sorry for the OT, but in a sense, knowing helps with MDK, too.
>
> TIA

You should be able to use the boot CD and get in via linux rescue - once
you're in and you chroot /mnt/sysimage you can change the password for
the root account...easy as pie!

--
Mon Nov 18 06:50:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497
--------------------------------

THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #14 -- VALGOL

VALGOL is enjoying a dramatic surge of popularity across the
industry.  VALGOL commands include REALLY, LIKE, WELL, and Y*KNOW.
Variables are assigned with the =LIKE and =TOTALLY operators.  Other
operators include the "California booleans", AX and NOWAY.  Loops are
accomplished with the FOR SURE construct.  A simple example:

LIKE, Y*KNOW(I MEAN)START
IF PIZZA =LIKE BITCHEN AND
GUY =LIKE TUBULAR AND
VALLEY GIRL =LIKE GRODY**MAX(FERSURE)**2
THEN
FOR I =LIKE 1 TO OH*MAYBE 100
DO*WAH - (DITTY**2); BARF(I)=TOTALLY GROSS(OUT)
SURE
LIKE, BAG THIS PROGRAM; REALLY; LIKE TOTALLY(Y*KNOW); IM*SURE
GOTO THE MALL

VALGOL is also characterized by its unfriendly error messages.  For
example, when the user makes a syntax error, the interpreter displays
the
message GAG ME WITH A SPOON!  A successful compile may be termed
MAXIMALLY
AWESOME!

----