On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 07:10, Technoslick wrote:
> Thanks, Stephen...
>
> I went in another way...using my boot floppy that I created during the
> install. As I mentioned in my reply to Anthony, my biggest hassle was
> passing "linux single" to Grub. It has been years since I used Grub, and
> then it was a text-based booter. Once I was able to boot to single user, I
> solved my problem.
>
> BTW, in researching how to get into Grub, I found the directions for using
> 'linux recovery", as well. I didn't have to mount /proc...just type 'passwd'
> at the command line by going this root. Really way too simple. That's what I
> asked Anthony about security around Grub and LILO. I don't need this kind of
> security within my own network (Heaven help us all, but I am the only
> 'expert' on Linux here!), but I would consider this later on in helping
> small businesses switch over to Linux. :-)

Generally, in situations where security is a concern, I like to
"disable" the single logon...and keep any boot disks in a safe.

--
Mon Nov 18 08:00:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497

I want another RE-WRITE on my CEASAR SALAD!!