----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,

I know this is off topic, but perhaps a hardware guru has a tip for me.
Usually my PC is on and running 24/7. This weekend I switched it off
(friday) because I went to London. This evening (Sunday) I switched it on
again. Somewhere in POST, it switched off and a led started blinking as if
it had gone into sleep-mode or something like that. After a restart, boot
went into Mandrake boot and during load of postfix it switched off again.
This repeated about 12 times, each time in a different place. Also, at least
4 times, the CMOS CPU speed setting was wrong (900 instead of 1200 Mhz).
Very worrying was when the PC switched off during fsck-ing a partition. (Of
course, partitions get bashed when the system powers down during boot.)
The last boot (clearly) worked, although it took over half an hour to check
all partitions (some EXT2, some EXT3).

Who has a clue what could trigger this weird hardware behaviour?
Thanks,
Paul