On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 02:08, Sean Goh wrote:
> Hi there,
>    I'm having problems installing M8.2 over WinXP. I have a 20GB
> harddisk and i partitioned it into 3. C: takes 5GB and D: takes 7GB. The
> rest i left it for Mandrake. After installing WinXP using NTFS
> filesystem, i booted M8.2 and ran the setup program. The problem came in
> when it couldn't detect the partitions or something.
> "An error occured. Ask_before_blanking: unknown partition table format."
> Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Sean
>
> I'm installing on a laptop 900MHZ with 384 MB RAM and GeForce2. Should
> have met all the requirements of M8.2

Having to deal with dual-boot systems for clients all the time, I've
stuck to a scheme I've used since the days of OS/2 - I create (at least)
two partitions. First partition is left blank and unformatted. Second
partition gets formatted with DOS (or whatever) and Windows is
installed. After Windows is installed, then OS/2 (or linux) is installed
on the first partition (of course, it's re-partitioned so that you have
a /boot, an / and a swap partition) and lilo is setup to recognize both
OS's - and used as the primary boot menu.

Being that linux "lives" below the 1024th cylinder, it generally is a
happy camper (and gets the faster parts of the disk). Winblows, er,
Windows gets the rest as it ain't quite as picky...

--
Wed Nov 27 07:15:01 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

I've noticed several design suggestions in your code.