Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall MDK 8.2, but can't format the drive. My previous
installation used ext2, and when it repeatedly got corrupted I assumed I'd
broken it. In the install I get as far as formatting the partitions I've
defined, but the error comes back:

'An error occurred. Mounting partition /dev/hda1 in directory /mnt failed
(invalid argument)'

If I do a <ctrl><alt><F4>, I see many lines something like:

hda: read_intr: status=0x79 {DriveReady DeviceFault SeekComplete DataRequest
Error}
hda: read_intr: error=0x10 {SectorIdNotFound} LBA=nnnnnn...
ide0: reset: success

Clearly this not good, but is it a hardware problem, or can I do a low-level
format somehow? (the drive is a Fujitsu 3 year old 20GB, so I fear the worst.
Class action anyone?).

Thanks

Richard