On Friday 06 Dec 2002 3:45 pm, Technoslick wrote:
> "Tom Brinkman" wrote:
> >AFAIK, Fujitsu's high failure rate is for
> >recent drives, ie, < one year.
>
> I seem to recall that I had bought three Fujitsu 1 GB hard drives in the
> mid-nineties. Two of the three failed within 60 days, the last one within
> the first year.

And yet as Technoslick knows, I have been using a Fujitsu 20Gb drive for a
couple of years, and was using a Fujitsu 4Gb drive for my home partition
until last month.  That one was ... um?  5-6 year old?  And never a moment's
trouble.

Problem is that when a company gets a bad batch or bad new design out it is
all too easy for them to lose credibility.  And if they refuse to publicly
admit that there's a problem or a responsibility to fix it (now who else do
we know that takes that line?) then a good deal of damage is done.

Anne