On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 22:55, Michael Adams wrote:
> Or Bluefish
> Or for a gui one try Mozilla Composer or OpenOffice.org or StarOffice
> All on the CD's

Yeah, well.... You know.... I was hoping for something better than
Composer...

Anyway, finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Not using the GUI.
That's right folks, the Software Update from X allowed me to install the
very safe libraries that the prompt told me were already installed.

Guess they weren't as the Software Manager didn't see them, and
installed them for me. That will teach me to try to avoid a GUI, won't
it?

Frustrating, I've run RH for about a year on a server, almost never
seeing the GUI, and never had it tell me something was installed when it
wasn't....

Now I just have to try to figure out what broke my modem in the process.
KdeprintFax now returns invalid modem response when I try to send a fax.
Ugh.... Why did I leave MS?  :P