On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 16:43:54 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 Dec 2002 4:30 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 13 Dec 2002 6:36 pm, Myers, Dennis R NWO wrote:

Have never seen usb-scsi listed anywhere.

> ------------------------ snip snip snip --------------------------

> The final entry must be the camera, I think.  Under /dev I see my Mitsumi as
> scd0 and the LS120 as sda.  I have had no success yet with the Canon - that
> can wait until later.   Does this output give any pointers as to where I
> should find it?

Not at all sure what is going on in your system Anne - from your posts
it would appear that SCSI emulation is working.  Does /sbin/lsmod list
scsi_mod and ide-scsi?  The earlier tip about mounting the partition
is important (/dev/sda1 or /dev/sdb1 rather than the device /dev/sda
or /dev/sdb).

My serial digital camera needs to be set to SETUP for downloading images.
Does PLAY correspond to SETUP on your camera do you know?  PLAY sounds
correct; could mean playback.

As for the error messages from your LS120 without the medium, that is
probably normal.  dmesg gives similar warnings when my JAZ disk is not
loaded.  Any type of drive supporting removable media should report
the same when the storage medium is absent.  Are you saying that the
LS120 is not working any more or have you just now noticed the
warning messages?

Cheers

Len Lawrence