On Monday 16 Dec 2002 4:33 am, Dennis Myers wrote:
> Anne, it needs to know the partition, try mount  /dev/sda2 or /dev/sdb1 and
> see if it pops up. HTH

"device /dev/sdb1 does not exist" - similar for sda2.

If the LS120 is found at sda, is sda1 the first partition on that device?
That's what I understood.  If that's so, shouldn't the camera pop up at sdb?
Possibly with sdb1 as the partition?

I'm struggling to understand.  When the os creates an entry for the LS120 it
doesn't seem to need the '1' -

none /mnt/LS120 supermount
dev=/dev/sda,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0
0

I'm thrashing in the dark a bit.  On my old Olympus (serial connection) you
simply had to be in playback mode to download the pictures, so I'm assuming
that it is the same on the FinePix.  The only thing the camera manual says is
that the usb mode must be set to dsc (pc-cam is the other option).  This I
have done.

MCC reports seeing another unknown device, of which all it knows is that it is
a bulk storage device.  I presume this is the camera.

That's all I know, really.

Anne