On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 19:28, Stefano Pogliani wrote:

>   I have migrated from 8.2 to 9.0.
> It seems that my Crystal Sound card is no more recognized. I was used,
> to make it working, to add the following line to /etc/modules.conf:
>
>     alias sound-slot-1 cs4232
>
> I added it, with no luck.
> Using sndConfig from a CTRL-ALT-F1 term, takes a long time to detect the
> card but, after, is unable to play any sound.
>
> Using KDE, I continue to have warnings saying that the sound is
> suspended. I also had messages telling me that /dev/dsp was busy and
> that it was going to use /dev/null.
>
> Anyone experienced the same problem? Thanks a lot indeed. Best regards
>
> /stefano

Have you tried physically removing the card, doing a cold shutdown, and
reboot without the card, then putting the card back in to see if MDK
recognizes it again?

--
Tue Dec 17 21:00:00 EST 2002
  9:00pm  up 1 day, 1 min,  5 users,  load average: 3.36, 1.70, 1.04

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Scully: You set us up. This was a trap for Mulder because he
        helped put you away.  Well, I came here to tell you
        that if he dies because of what you've done, four days
        from now nobody will stop me from being the one that'll
        throw the switch and gas you out of this life for good,
        you son-of-a-bitch.

        "The X-Files: Beyond the Sea"