I get it, Stephen.
I may do a try this evening.

In the meantime, if someone else has a soft solution or has experienced teh same problem, I would apreciate.

TIA
/stefano

Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 21:40, Stefano Pogliani wrote:

This is what I may do as a last resort.
But, isn't this a SW problem? I mean, it was working with MDK 8.2 and is still working on dual boot with NT4.

What I mean is: what is the reason for doing an HW manipulation? What could this HW manipulation change and how could it affect a positive solution of my problem?

This is not at all questioning about your kind help. It is mainly for me to understand what the real problem is so that I could be prepared in the future.

Thanks a lot for your patience.
/stefano

If you want to dig around and try to locate all the modules that could
possibly be tainted from the upgrade, by all means - this is just a
simpler solution - to allow for MDK to first acknowledge the hardware's
gone (physically)...then after cleanly rebooting, to use "plug and pray"
to find the card and install the current drivers...but hey, it's just a
quickie solution...I'd rather spend the 15 minutes doing that then
spending the next four days banging my head against the wall trying to
get it to work...