BTW,

in the "System Configurator Tool", in the "Hardware List", the Sound card is not listed at all.

/stefano

Stefano Pogliani wrote:

I have migrated from 8.2 to 9.0.
It seems that my Crystal Sound card is no more recognized. I was used, to make it working, to add the following line to /etc/modules.conf:

alias sound-slot-1 cs4232

I added it, with no luck.
Using sndConfig from a CTRL-ALT-F1 term, takes a long time to detect the card but, after, is unable to play any sound.

Using KDE, I continue to have warnings saying that the sound is suspended. I also had messages telling me that /dev/dsp was busy and that it was going to use /dev/null.

Anyone experienced the same problem? Thanks a lot indeed. Best regards

/stefano