Look in the httpd.conf file and see if the php3 modules have been added to the
loadmodule list. Make sure all the needed changes (as per the how-to) have been
made to this file. Some examples:

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps

The above lines should be added (or uncommented if there). And these should
also be appended to the DirectoryIndex section:

index.phtml index.php3

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> From: Brett Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > What's the error message from php?
>
>     It isn't giving one--it just isn't running PHP.  It appears to
> configure, compile, and install without errors, but when I try to view a
> simple test page (<? echo "Hello World"; ?>), netscape and lynx both try to
> save the file, rather than viewing "Hello World" as
intended.  If I just go > through his web-database guide (not installing
openssl/mod_ssl), PHP works > fine.
--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]