On Sunday 22 December 2002 01:01 am, Mark Weaver wrote:
> David Williams wrote:
> > In my effort to fix my SAMBA problem, I have somehow broken Mozilla.
> > This occurred when the system lost the ethernet card and wouldn't connect
> > online. I get that fixed but Mozilla was broke.
> > When I run Mozilla, it acts like it is loading and then goes away.
> > I have the Gnome system monitor running and Mozilla gobbles up a huge
> > chunk of memory (>256MBytes) before it stops trying to load.
> > This occurs under root as well as my user name.
> > Anyone have any ideas that I could try before I go and re-install it.
> > David
>
> David,
>
> try starting mozilla from a terminal window and see what output comes to
> the screen as mozilla is starting and then subsequently fails. You could
> also start mozilla using gdb.
>
> Mark

I appreciate the help.
I tryed to load from a terminal window (root and user). It stays blank and
echoes keyboard characters. After a very long time (several minutes) it will
display a blank mozilla window on the screen for about 5 seconds and then it
closes. The terminal then comes back to the prompt. Gnome monitor shows that
it has accumulated almost 300 MBs of memory before it exits.
I am not familiar with gdb and don't know if I have it installed. I will look
into that.
David

--
   ( )_( )