On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 00:58, David Williams wrote:

> I appreciate the help.
> I tryed to load from a terminal window (root and user). It stays blank and
> echoes keyboard characters. After a very long time (several minutes) it will
> display a blank mozilla window on the screen for about 5 seconds and then it
> closes. The terminal then comes back to the prompt. Gnome monitor shows that
> it has accumulated almost 300 MBs of memory before it exits.
> I am not familiar with gdb and don't know if I have it installed. I will look
> into that.
> David

This all started happening from mucking around with SAMBA - so I would
tend to think that something has been mucked up with either path
statements, protocol settings, or system library settings.

Firstly, you need to make sure your library path statements are correct
and that the system can locate the necessary libs when needed. Edit the
/etc/ld.so.conf file and make sure that you add the following:

/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib

...save the file and then type "ldconfig" in your terminal window.
That's part one.

In your home directory (the first directory you're in when you open up a
term window), you're going to have to rename your existing
~/home/username/.mozilla - you can do this by typing in your terminal
window:

mv .mozilla .mozilla-old

Now that that's done, try starting Mozilla again...let's see what
happens now...

--
Mon Dec 23 06:00:00 EST 2002
  6:00am  up  8:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.70, 0.36, 0.34

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Rub my nipples as I torture this little piggy!