Caymen wrote:

> I got the files to get Linux to work with my Video card. I have tried everything. I
>read
> the readme in the file (using Windows) and it says to:
>
>   This is the SuSE X-server for ATI RAGE 128 video cards.
>   Install both the two packages in this directory and run Xconfigurator.
>   For more informations, see http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html
>
> I tried putting it onto a floppy and putting into whatever file it is suposed to go
>into
> and running Xconfigurator. Well I cant figure out how to mount my Floppy. I went to a
> chat room and asked them. I got two different answers and neither of them worked.
>Well I
> thought if I were to put it into my RPM's in the install file, it should be there
>when I
> reinstall Linux. Guess what....Not there. Didn't do a darn thing. Is that the wrong
>file?
> What am I doing wrong? Am I destined to never use Linux? Why me? I am so close to
> stealing my sisters VC (ATI 3D Pro Turbo PC2TV) but the only problem is that she
>doesnt
> have an AGP slot. What can I do. I have looked everywhere in my Linux book and I can
>find
> crap in there. This is really starting to wear me down. I dont know to do this. I
>know in
> most peoples opinion, Linux is the only way to go. It is sad to say that Microsoft
> actually is easy to use. It is so easy to set up and everything. I want to learn
>Linux,
> but I am about to give up. Please help me, I am going to loose my mind.

Why me? What a hoot! We've all been there. It's not you, it's part
of learning Linux. If you'll go to linux-mandrake, click on lists
and select the newbie archive you'll find a bunch of 'how to mount
your floppy' posts within the last couple of weeks. You'll also find
a bunch of ATI RAGE related stuff. It's a real good resource,
try it. (And you'll see that you are not alone)     :-)

Good luck

Bob J.