On Tuesday 31 December 2002 6:49 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Is it safe to remove the bootsplash in v9.0 as a lot of us did in v8.2? So
> that we get a black background with text during bootup? (I've already
> inserted "noquiet" into /etc/lilo.conf...
>
> Thanks!

I certainly run my machine without bootsplash as I much rather see the text
info on bootup.
However I don't understand why Tom has suggested removing vga=788 from
lilo.conf and using vga=normal instead. I just don't have bootsplash
installed but still use vga=788 to give better definition text.

        Robin