Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 05:32, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

I hear ya Tom. I've had to use Nvidia because it *works* as the only other choice was to dual-boot with Windows - and I personally found that to be a choice I couldn't make.

Just as soon as ATI's new open driver stuff is close enough to Nvidia to be useable, I'll be more than happy (and relieved) to pull out the 'ole credit card and buy 3 cards to replace the Nvidia's here...

I 'xpect y'all be sending them thar Nvidia's down here then, ya reckon
Mr. Hall?

<moment of wistful thinking here> mayperhaps Nvidia will see Linux users switching to ATI because of the open source situation and *finally* release the code to their drivers! :-)

I think NVidia's going to surprise people shortly - and they KNOW about
the linux market, mates...don't let 'em have ya hoodwinked there...

Whatever else Nvidia may or may not be at least they do support us in linux
even if their drivers are not open source . My tvout in geforce 3 and would not work
without their driver, and if I'm using one ot nvidia's cards I've bought the right
to use their drivers. I, for one, am greatful for small mercies.
John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]