After beating my head against a brick wall for quite some time now, I've
realised that I have to go back to basics to fully understand the
concepts and mechanics of the Computer and how the various Operating
Systems communicate with the hardware and then I might be able to learn
the various languages & programs that control the processes that I'm
trying to understand.
I've always been a person that wants the quick fix, I wanted to operate
this linux OS straight away, but it just doesn't happen like that. To
fully understand linux or any operating system for that matter, I
believe that you have to understand how the Computer in it's entirety
works.
I didn't even know that for any program to run, it first has to be in
the systems memory and I'm learning lots of new stuff every day. Some of
it is really boring, but I think I'm going to be better off in the long
run instead of trying to take the quick way or short cut around things.
If this is going to close down, I'll be around on some other linux
board,but by then I'll probably have a handle.(Maybe)
PS. Contemplating a move to debian...any comments?