On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:30:24 -0500, et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 12:51 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 January 2003 12:34 pm, et wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > consider yopa. it is a new distro for th desktop,
> > > and while I have not yet had a chance to check it out,
> > > it comes highly recomended by folks I have learned to
> > > trust. On this list, I think it was "YAMA", Sridhar
> > > Dhanapalani, that thought this was a good distro, and
> > > every other bit of advice he gave was right on the
> > > money.
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > et, I'm pretty sure the name is Yoper.
> >
> > BTW : where is Sridhar these days ? Miss him too.
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich
> > Powered by Linux                -             Mandrake 9.0
> > Registered Linux user # 214073 at http://counter.li.org
> > Source :  my 100 % Microsoft-free personal computer.
but nowadays most of my time is taken up by PCLinuxOnline and other concerns.
I'm still on the list, however, and I try to read it as much as I can.

I personally haven't tried Yoper, but I have read a lot of good things about it.
I think it would be worth a shot if you would like a change of scenery. I myself
am a huge fan of Mandrake and Gentoo, with Debian being a good fallback. I tried
installing Xandros (a desktop-oriented Debian-based distro), but it refused to
boot on my machine.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]

"I don't think it's right and I think it causes people to make decisions which
are not even in their best interest. A, we're not evil. B, we're not an empire."
        -- Steve Ballmer, objecting to Microsoft being called "The Evil Empire"