On Wednesday 29 January 2003 02:28 pm, Fred Fraley wrote:
>       When I start KDE, from the graphic login screen, it
> takes 1:10-1:15 before I get to the KDE splash screen,
> then another 1:00 on just the loading peripherals
> section.  Everything else seems to load fairly quickly.
> Gnome is about as slow, but I haven't timed it.  IceWM
> and WindowMaker load in just a few seconds.
>       Is there any way I can generate a log file showing each
> item loaded with the time so I can see where the delay
> is?  Anyone with another suggestion?  I use IceWM most
> of the time, but some things just seem to work better on
> KDE or gnome.
>
>       Fred

Well Fred, mine (KDE and Gnome) takes about the same time
to load. I don't know if there is a logfile, but when I
look at the file *.xsession-errors*  it reports scores of
errors. Had the same problem with 8.2

Those errors don't seem to affect anything, though.

That's why I mostly use fluxbox.

Kaj Haulrich.