On Thursday 06 February 2003 02:21 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> Thanks Charlie, Dennis, Tom and Civileme !
>
> At least some sleep made me good. This
> update/upgrade/install confusion seems a little bit less
> confusing today.
>
> I found out to do it by hand ( at least I think I did).
> Funny thing is the *automatic* Mandrake Update only gave
> me one option this morning : to update slocate (which I
> did, of course). But when you go to the Mandrake Secure
> Site, you'll notice that slocate was added AFTER the
> kernel, so it seems the MDK-update just skips the
> kernel-patches. Maybe for a good reason.
>
> Anyway, my box still runs as a *greased lightning* as we
> say around here. - thanks to you !
>
> Kaj Haulrich.
> Powered by Linux                -             Mandrake 9.0
> Registered Linux user # 214073 at http://counter.li.org
> Source :  my 100 % Microsoft-free personal computer.
Ya just gotta love a company; and a community, that can build things this good
while the "Chapter 11ish" hounds are attempting to remove their keister. I do
anyway. <g>

Thanks for including me in the 'thanks' Kaj. My "help" is always minimal,
especially compared to the others you named. It's an honour to be "included
in the same breath" (in the same message? <bg>) with such luminaries.

All the best.
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada