On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, FemmeFatale wrote:

Hm... went to see both Pines & Mutts web sites. Wondered ppl's opinions on both & which is more newbie friendly.

Basically I want to learn either one (whichever is easier for now) just so that again I can use an email client on any system anywhere to retrieve mail. Plus I'm curious to see how a text based client handles things. :)

Ya theres a trend here... its called "Learn things on the CLI & bang your head against a wall for a while till you know this stuff cold. And you can do this anywhere/anytime on any system." :)

Heh same question in the vein of the emacs/vi post. Sorry if ppl feel like i'm wasting bandwith but I have done some research on this & I am not entirely clear on which one would suit better to learn on. Besides, learning is fun! Or so I'm told... :D
pine, baby, pine - it's just cooler. ;-

good luck with the command line thing - and while youre at it, you might want to pick up a book that was a tremendous help for me when i was doing the same thing - linux system commands, by volkerding and reichard. lists commands in three categorys - what they do, what their dos equivalent is, and what section of the book they're described in depth in. it's never out of arms reach for me when i'm on the pc.

please pardon the lack of caps - i installed 9.1b3 today, and it apparently came without caps. ;-/

--

peace,

Rog

http://www.slammingrooves.com