-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of FemmeFatale
Sent: Friday, 7 February 2003 8:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] OT(?) Mutt & Pine email clients

At 01:03 AM 11/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, FemmeFatale wrote:
>

>>Hm... went to see both Pines & Mutts web sites.  Wondered ppl's opinions
>>on both & which is more newbie friendly.
>>Basically I want to learn either one (whichever is easier for now) just
>>so that again I can use an email client on any system anywhere to
>>retrieve mail.  Plus I'm curious to see how a text based client handles
>>things.  :)
>>Ya theres a trend here... its called "Learn things on the CLI & bang your
>>head against a wall for a while till you know this stuff cold.  And you
>>can do this anywhere/anytime on any system." :)
>>Heh same question in the vein of the emacs/vi post.  Sorry if ppl feel
>>like i'm wasting bandwith but I have done some research on this & I am
>>not entirely clear on which one would suit better to learn on.  Besides,
>>learning is fun!  Or so I'm told... :D
>
>pine, baby, pine - it's just cooler. ;-
>
>good luck with the command line thing - and while youre at it, you might
>want to pick up a book that was a tremendous help for me when i was doing
>the same thing - linux system commands, by volkerding and reichard. lists
>commands in three categorys - what they do, what their dos equivalent is,
>and what section of the book they're described in depth in. it's never out
>of arms reach for me when i'm on the pc.
>
>please pardon the lack of caps - i installed 9.1b3 today, and it
>apparently came without caps. ;-/
>
>--
>
>peace,
>
>Rog

Rofl @ Rog!  No caps huh?  Hm... might make flaming a bit tougher to do...
but i'm sure you'll manage. :)

Thx... I am leaning to Mutt atm only cause it looks somewhat simpler & more
configurable.  I figured I'd ask this anyway cause ... well.. why
not?  Worst thing that will happen is I'll get a million ppl posting things
like:  "Are you trying to level your own country!?  We did that in teh
Crusades to Europe & the Mid-East!!!  Why repeat history!?" :)
FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert