On Wednesday 12 February 2003 04:54 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

> Well, I've done searches within the newbie and expert lists for
> "rpmdrake" and I see almost no vocality on a positive note for rpmdrake
> 2.1.  This isn't from memory, this is from a hard search for "rpmdrake"
> thru all emails I have.  My lists here date back to 1999.  I saw no
> naysayers convinced in the discussions on the expert list, may they come
> here on this thread and correct me if I am wrong.  And if they still
> don't like rpmdrake 2.1, I'd appreciate hearing about that as well.

Well, this thread has been going for awile so I'll chip my 2 cents in. :-)

I appreciate all the hard work the programmers have put into improving the
backend functionality of rpmdrake, but like a few others, I believe that the
user interface could be better. It is not as convenient to have to open up
multiple windows to achieve something that was done in one window. Also, in
the past, I've always dragged the rpmdrake icon to my task bar because I use
it so much. Now...I would have to drag 2 icons there, and I'm hearing that I
would have to use -4- with the new 9.1 beta? Is that right? Tad bit unhandy,
that.... :-)

Currently, I set my entries to 10 on the taskbar, with most used items, and it
keeps open and remove software available to me from the Kmenu popup. Still,
that takes up 2 slots it did not before...and will it take 4 slots with the
new beta? Hmm...

My opinion (next to worthless, I know), is that a single, *tabbed* interface
using the new backend stuff would be...handier.... <grin>

Thanks for listening...

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord