Just you so far - and thanks for it! ;-)

> 'tar -xvzf fname' The z incorporates an unzip

where tar is a console command (which should already be included in
mandrake?), -xvzf are switches, and fname is my file to decompress?

I'll give it a try, and see if you post any twists to beware of later! ;-)

I may know some about Windoze - and rather more about Amigas, but zero about
linux! ;-)

Regards,
Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]