----- Original Message -----
From: Darcy & Emily Baston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Ears don't work

> > I may know some about Windoze - and rather more about Amigas, but zero
> about
> > linux! ;-)
>
> Yeah, I'm not so diligent with the command line tar myself either.

Not exactly fun is it! ;-)

> And I've got an A1200 not getting as much attention heh.

Hmmm. I have a plan for mine - it's going onto the serial as another
terminal! Loads of linux bsd stuff for amigas - I am SO glad I kept her when
nearly everyone I know sold theirs - I got my A1200 towered too - this is
going to be just fine in this happy set of circumstances! Not sure about X
client yet, but that might be do-able too! We shall see.......

> If you got KDE running, it's
> got an 'archiver' program that almost works like Dopus Magellan on the
> Amiga. A nice mouse driven archiver for tar. It's the only one I use for
> Linux compression work.

 Yup, found it now - I wish I'd known it had to be KDE in the first place!
;-)

Regards,
Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]