On Fri, 01 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> [...]
AFAIK, it's certain CHIPSETS that have the problem...typically
non-intel chipsets, of course. :-) Also, mostly non-intel processors
(i.e. AMD K6, etc.)
To me, this sounds more like a problem with APM support in non-Intel
boxes, rather than "cheap" motherboards. Of course, I don't blame
Mandrake, as they probably didn't write the APM drivers themselves....

I just wish Linux weren't so damned Intel-centric in this matter! :-)
        John