On Friday 28 February 2003 07:24 pm, Guy Rouillier wrote:
> > I believe that as far as the end user is concerned speed is the most
> > important factor.
>
> Only to geeks.  For the other 99.9 percent of computer users,
> functionality is most important - "can I do what I want with minimum
> hassle?"  The biggest impediment to desktop adoption of Linux is not
> Windows but Microsoft Office.
and as much as functionality is high on the list of "priorities" so to is
stability, and if you consider the amount of time and money spent in a "for
profit" environment with rebooting and defraging (etc) type maintenance, sure
makes an argument that speed can be measured in both "quarter mile" and "top
end" quantities and if you can't complete the whole 500 mile race, what good
is it?