> Now before I get flamed let me explain. I run a small 500mhz Athlon with
> 64mg memory but for speed and effeiciency XP is by far the fastest.
> My Md9 is a minimal installation (although having most of the HD) but
still
> pales in comparison to XP even when a large number of apps are working.
> With XP I boot and hey-presto I'm logging in with Md9 I can make a brew
etc
> etc. (well not literally but you get the point)

Now this is rather interesting, XP should not even run with 64MB if I am
correctly
informed, there you go.....anyway, personally I ran Mdk 9.0 on a PII 233 Mhz
although
with 160 MB of RAM without any problems whatsoever, of course I did not use
KDE
as my desktop but XFce but still.

I am not saying you are wrong, just that I am very surprised that you could
even get XP
to run on that configuration.

/Anders