On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 00:44, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> I have had a lot of problems trying to make 9.1rc2 work in my laptop.
>
> I downloaded the three iso images and checked their MD5 string. Everything
> fine.
>
> I burned the CDs and started to install rc2. No problem. Worked like a
> charm.
>
> Then I tried to update using the string that I got from the plf site
> (plf.something/~nanardon/something, I can't remember the exact string
> because I am working now under XP and have no way to get to my Evolution
> mails).
>
> There my problems begun. The site I was trying to update with asked me to
> insert CD 2. I placed it in the tray, but urpmi kept asking me to insert it.
> I canceled update, look for another site and the same. THe I mounted the iso
> CD images, removed the original CD from sources and tried again. Update went
> without a hitch.

> Now I am intrigued: what type of format is used for the 9.1rc2?
>
> Saludos,
>
> Adolfo

Hey, I had the same problems, but solved them by copying the entire CD's
to my HD - and then just changed the location of the files in the
Software Manager - once I did that, all those niggling little problems
disappeared...but that was my resolution...mainly because everything was
so scattered across the three CD's....

--
Mon Mar 24 11:40:00 EST 2003
 11:40:00 up 2 days, 22:27,  3 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.04
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

All the really good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.
                -- Grant Wood