On Monday 24 March 2003 21:08, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> Now I have to find out what might be causing keventd to overload my
> processor the way is doing it.
>
> With regard to damaging the /boot partition I didn't gather any
> additional information. I just reinstalled 9.0.

I noticed with 9.1rc1 that KDE insistantly used about 80% cpu whilst only the
Windowmanager (i.e. no extra prog's) was running. In Icewm no such problem.
On my desktop (P4) this was no real problem but my laptop wasn't useable to my
liking.

I haven't tried 9.1rc2 (and will not awaiting 9.1 final) so I don't know if
the problem persists.

In regard to the empty /boot directory: Did you try to do a lilo boot-loader
installation/upgrade which failed?

Frankly, my desktop runs 9.1rc1 fine and my laptop (which is the real workdog)
keeps 9.0 for the time being (and my fileserver is still on 8.2, actually it
only gets the x.2 versions:o)).

Good luck,
HarM