On Monday 24 March 2003 20:08, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 14:32, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> > On Monday 24 March 2003 06:30, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> > > (Any idea about the 100% processor load?)
> > >
> > > Saludos
> >
> > That's just konq trying to read the file systems on those CD's and not
> > really getting there.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > HarM
>
> It also happened with no CD inside the tray.
>
> Thanks for the response.

Yeah, well keventd is one or other KDE prog starting up AFAIK. So there is
something starting up and not working as it should, probably konq I'd guess.

Usually, if I get suspicious of KDE in general I start up an Icewm-session
(because of the cpu activity gauge bottom left) just to be sure.

Simple enough, if the cpu load is significantly lower (in Icewm) KDE is the
chief culprit. Frankly, it usually is ........due to it's very nature trying
to 'feel' like windows/xp.

Actually, your 'empty' /boot directory after the power failure is IMO much
more discerning.
I've had quite a few self brought on catastrofes untill now, but never
something like that. Tell us more!
The more gory details, the better!;o)

Good hunting,
HarM